Wednesday, September 24th, 2008...9:40 am
Thoughtful Personalized Baptism Gifts
Here is a list of some baptism and christening items that can be used as keepsakes creating treasured memories for years to come.
- Gown or Outfit – Choosing heirloom quality fabric and proper storage will help preserve the gown or outfit for future generations or just as a lasting remembrance.
- Accessories (socks, shoes, bib, blanket, bonnet, towel) - They all add an extra special touch to the gown or outfit and make great mementos.
- Jewelry – A delicate baby bracelet or petite cross necklace will add to the beauty of the baby’s outfit and can be kept as a precious token of this special day.
- Favors – These are perfect for showing appreciation to guests and providing them with a take-home gift. Many types of favors can be personalized .
- Certificate – This is a great way to create a written record of the baptism or christening that can be framed and displayed.
- Personalized Baptism Gifts – These are normally items designed specifically for the occasion such as a photo album, photo frame, Bible, cross plaque, or commemorative candle. They are extra special because they usually display the baby’s name and date of ceremony.
Godparents, in particular, should especially consider giving their godchild a keepsake gift since part of their responsibility is to help the child grow in their spirituality . The beginning of a baby’s spiritual life is their christening or baptism so there should always be memories of this momentous occasion. There are also special godchild, goddaughter, and godson gifts available for personalization.
Personalized keepsakes are a wonderful way to honor the memory of the baby’s christening or baptism through the years as they grow both physically and spiritually . Remember to also have plenty of pictures taken the day of the event to add to a photo album or scrapbook as a souvenir of the occasion.