Monday, September 15th, 2008...1:26 pm
Pep’s 40 Tips for a Better Life
Now here’s a woman who knows how to LIVE! I read her 40 tips and now I am inspired to put them to work. This may also be helpful information for Godparents and parents to pass on to their children as they grow and are starting to discover this wonderful trip we call life.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. while you walk, smile.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more and read more books.
7. Make time to practice meditation.
They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants;
eat less food that is manufactured.
11. Drink green tea; plenty of water.
Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your home, car, desk; let new energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts
or things you cannot control. Invest energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like
algebra class;lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid
with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business; and shouldn’t matter.
28. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World andyou certainly don’t
want a fast pass. You only have oneride through life so make the most of it.
40. Pray everyday! God is right there waiting to share life with you!
Please check out Pep’s site here for some more thoughtful insights.